Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Canned air for sale

Who says there is no such word in French for entrepreneur? Who says the French are stuck in the past and not open to new ideas?
Well, one enterprising young man from Montcuq is certainly bucking the trend and has come up with a product that is flying off the shelves in France .. L'air de Montcuq (sounds like mon cul, or in other words, air from my ass) is collected in Montcuq, a small commune in the Lot department in the South of France.

Air from my backside
Sold in tin cans , according to his website, L'air de montcuq is 100% organic, must be consumed immediately and tins must be kept closed to conserve freshness.
What started off as a bit of a joke, young Antoine Deblay from Montcuq, launched his idea on kisskissbank and before too long had crowd funded enough euros to sell his tins of fart. Now, one can order his original product online on his website for the perfect gift for that special someone for Christmas. They are available for delivery only in France and cost only 5euros (€5.50 with postage) .. I think it is going to be énorme!!!!!!
Now, what didn't I think of that?
See his website here

8 comments:

  1. At last, a gift for President Hollande.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many tins he will get? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen. Munster created quite a stink in Aime Giral recently! Who opened the can? Sign outside O Flaherty's pub on Sunday morn - Closed today Sunday - Ran out of drink - Thanks Munster! Great Munster support. Without the kids USAP support was low. Happy Christmas to you and all the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom - were you there? I was! And in O'Flahertys afterwards! What a match.Fan flippin tastic! Happy Christmas to you and Eileen and family!

      Delete
  4. I saw that on TV, I thought it was very funny ! Have you seen the old sketch that Daniel Prevost did back in the seventies about Montcuq ? It's hilarious and full of puns! By the way, I really like your blog, I'm a bit the opposite of you, French but living in Ireland for the past 11 years !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, nice to hear from you - whereabouts in Ireland are you?

      Delete
    2. Hi Anne, nice to hear from you - whereabouts in Ireland are you?

      Delete
    3. I'm in Co.Meath ( Bettystown - near Drogheda). I've been to West Cork once, many years ago ( Crookhaven I think it was..) Lovely part of the country but it took so long to get there from Dublin !

      Delete

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...