You think for the first time in your life that it is okay to get fat and you can eat what you want?! Ma chérie, we are en france , the answer is non:
- Replace all sugar with canderel products.
- Honey, nougat, biscuits, bonbons, chocolate bars, icecream are forbidden
- You can have a dessert on a Sunday but only a "demi-portion" (half a portion)
- Fruit ( with sugar ) is not allowed
- Fruit juices and fizzy drinks are off the menu
- Do not eat for two.
- Do not drink for two , although a few glasses of wine is ok.
- Do not put on more than 10 kilos ( so what happens if you put on more, are you supposed to go on a diet? I asked my doc. The answer ? Oui! )
Do not change sexual partners during your pregnancy ("Do people have sex when they're pregnant?!" I wondered). This rule applies to the father also!
(A free test is allowed for the father to ensure he does not have any infectious diseases as picked up from other partners!)
Do not wear knickers
If you feel hungry, replace food with sex ( with the father of the child , see above). This will help you not to put on too much weight. Not surprisingly, pregnancy in France is called "La Grossesse" : The Fatness!!!
So , as you can see, my gyno , along with everyone else in France is obsessed with weight and sex!
As we say very often here in France, you just could not make it up!