Thursday, November 24, 2011

Yoga Rire - You're Having a Laugh


Once upon a time when I was a young slip of thing in my early twenties, I used to attend yoga classes. The girl who gave the classes would literally float into the room with an aura of calmness and serenity, on a cloud of lavender and patchouli. She had beautiful glossy shiny long hair, sparkling teeth, glowing skin and a body to die for. You know the type, the girl you love to hate. I sweated, heaved, huffed and puffed through the classes and watched in awe as she effortlessly swung her leg around her neck and twisted her body into impossible poses (whilst looking gorgeous)
I guessed she was about my age and my jaw nearly dropped when she told us she was FORTY! My God, FORTY is ancient. FORTY is MIDDLE AGED. FORTY does not look like this, my 22 year old self argued. FORTY is my Mother's age, FFS!
Now, I am forty and wondering what can I do to look that yogatastic girl ..
So, I've signed up for Yoga Rire ( Laughter yoga) which starts next month. I'm really intrigued to see how this will go because the French don't laugh alot really. They take themselves rather seriously in fact ...
But What is Yoga Rire anyway?
From their website :
Laughter Yoga combines Unconditional Laughter with Yogic Breathing (Pranayama). Anyone can Laugh for No Reason, without relying on humor, jokes or comedy. Laughter is simulated as a body exercise in a group; with eye contact and childlike playfulness, it soon turns into real and contagious laughter. The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter. One gets the same physiological and psychological benefits.
Looking forward to having a laugh!!! Will report back anon

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...